Psst, FYI – this post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost to you) and ads keep this blog free for you to enjoy. Thanks for supporting the free content on this site (and for sponsoring more doggy treats for little Albus!)
So you want to increase traffic to your site, but just have no idea where to start. I was in exactly the same boat as you, until I found this magical unicorn/mermaid app called Tailwind.
Tailwind is a Pinterest auto-scheduler that determines the best times for pins to be published. And we all know that Pinterest is one of the biggest sources of traffic for blogs, right? And if you’ve tried your hand at pinning, you’ll know how time-consuming it can be, especially if you’ll need to be pinning about 50 pins per day to get any kind of traction. 50 pins PER DAY. That’s probably about an hour out of your day that you could be spending on writing quality content on your blog! With Tailwind, all you need to do is spend one hour PER MONTH, and you’ll have all your pins scheduled to go out for the rest of the month!
I can’t even begin to explain how awesome this tool is. I saw this Tailwind app being promoted by almost every blog I read, and was a little skeptical at first, just like you may be now. My blog was new and budget was limited so I couldn’t justify paying for a service I was unsure about. That’s the best thing about Tailwind, is that it offers users one-month free trial so you can test it out to see if it works for you. No risks, no commitment. So that’s why I took the plunge. But when I saw the numbers, I was in shock. And numbers don’t lie.
I’ve only been using Tailwind for less than 2 weeks, and the results are staggering. I’ve had a Pinterest account for a few years now but never used it professionally until 2 weeks ago.
Let’s take a look at some stats.
So if you look at the graph, you’ll see a flatline from Feb 17th until it slowly picks up around late February. I started using my Tailwind trial on Feb 27th. That’s when you see an immediate increase in impressions. On Feb 27th itself, I had 350 impressions, compared to less than 100 prior to that. And then the numbers just exponentially grow, up to 4000%! Sadly my trial ended on March 4 so I had no pinning scheduler enabled then, and that’s where you start to see a dip in impressions 🙁
I then found another blog that was offering another $15 off the PLUS plan, and reactivated Tailwind on March 10. Immediately you see the graph pick up again! Magic, people.
So this is where the magic happens. The bigger the audience you reach, of course the more exposure your pins will have, and thus more traffic to your blog. Again, you can see here how the numbers jump from less than 1000 viewers to 5000 viewers in a matter of days, with an average growth of almost 8000%. That’s crazy!!! I’ve only been blogging for 2 weeks, and already have a reach of over 32k users!
I switched off Tailwind on March 4, and you can see the gradient lessening, but then it picked up again on March 10 when I reactivated it.
The effects of Tailwind are even more obvious here. Again, the flatline until Feb 27th and you see a dramatic increase from then until I deactivated Tailwind on March 4, and boom! The daily impressions took a huge nosedive. And then upon reactivation on March 10, you can see it pick up again.
So it’s really evident that Tailwind has a huge impact on traffic and exposure. Bear in mind I’ve only been using this for less than 2 weeks and my blog has only been live for about the same amount of time, and I’m already seeing drastic results.
Another special thing about Tailwind is its “Tailwind Tribes”, and this is where your reach grows extremely quickly. A tribe is a group of people who collaborate and pin on a particular topic. They’re similar to group boards, except they’re so much easier to join. No more hunting around for emails to request to be added to a group board. You’re just a click away from a tribe with a reach of 1 million. Yup, it’s possible. So once you join a tribe, and pin to that tribe, tribe members can then re-pin your pin to their own followers. And if one person with 5000 followers repin your pin, you’ll get an extra reach. Multiply that by 5 tribe members who repin your pin. Mind-blowing! How many times did I say pin?
These were my results from just pinning 5 pins on my tribes in a matter of 1 week. My reach grew to more than 1/4 of a million users! That’s insane.
Get your Tailwind Free Trial!
So if you wanna get serious with your blog or site, I’d definitely recommend Tailwind 1million% because you see results almost instantly AND it’s a huge time-saver.
If you haven’t already tried it, sign up here for your free Tailwind trial. No credit card needed. Just sign up, link your Pinterest account, start pinning and sit back and watch your numbers grow! No obligations and no commitments if you don’t like it (but why wouldn’t you?).
Psst, FYI – These are my personal results, but Tailwind also publishes the Typical Results of Tailwind for Pinterest Members every year, so you can see exactly what the average growth rate looks like for their members. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission (at absolutely no extra cost to you). Thanks for supporting the free content on this site (and for sponsoring more doggy treats for little Albus!)
MY TOP TRAVEL TIPS & RESOURCES
Here are my top travel tips and resources to help you save money and plan your trips effectively! If you're looking for more tips, head over to my travel tips resource page or my comprehensive guide on trip planning.
- Booking Flights: When it comes to finding great flight deals, I always start my search on Google Flights or Skyscanner. To save some cash, consider flying mid-week or on the weekends, opt for carry-on only with budget airlines, and be open to red-eye or early morning flights. Check out my in-depth guide on how I find the cheapest flights.
- Accommodations: I'm a stickler for finding the absolute best deals on my stays, so I will obsessively oscillate between a few booking sites: Booking.com (in general) and Agoda (for Asian destinations). When it comes to vacation rentals, there's Airbnb or VRBO.
- Travel Insurance: It's always a wise decision to purchase travel insurance for international trips. I can't stress this enough - it's highly recommended! For international travel insurance, I suggest considering World Nomads or SafetyWing. SafetyWing, in particular, stands out as one of the few policies that cover Covid-19. They also offer excellent monthly policies that are perfect for digital nomads and long-term travelers!
- Travel Credit Card: My go-to travel credit card for booking trips is the Wise travel card. I love that there are no foreign transaction fees, so I can pay like a local and never get any surprises at the end of my trip. You can also withdraw cash from the ATMs wherever you are. With Wise, you are always guaranteed the best exchange rate, and I have saved sooo much money just by using this card. Most of the time, I get charged the exchange rate I see on Google, plus or minus a few cents.
- Tours: Most times, I prefer traveling independently but sometimes, getting a guide and a local's perspective makes the experience all the more enriching. When it comes to tour bookings, I trust Viator and GetYourGuide to provide me with excellent options. In Asia, I choose Klook as they are the biggest provider in the region. Plus, you can often get entrance tickets and discounted prices!
- Transportation: To navigate through public transit options and plan my journeys from one place to another, I rely on Rome2Rio. When it comes to rental cars, I compare rental companies and find the best deals through DiscoverCars.
- Connection: It's essential to me to have seamless connectivity wherever I go. I need it to navigate to new places, Google what's around me, and keep in touch with my loved ones. But fumbling around with multiple SIMs has always been a nightmare, which is why I choose Airalo when I travel. No more switching SIMs, just purchase a plan on your phone, on the go, anywhere, and stay connected.
- Luggage Storage: Whenever I need to check out early or take advantage of a long layover, I securely store my luggage with LuggageHero. It's a reliable service that allows me to roam around freely. As a bonus, you can use this link to enjoy your first hour of FREE luggage storage on me!
- What to Pack: I always have packing anxiety once I've left home—you know the phantom feeling that you've forgotten something even though you've checked 372836 times. So I made my own packing list and use it religiously before every trip, and by religious I mean I tick off that list at least 7 times before I zip up my bag. Check out my in-depth packing list here.